View Single Post
Old 08-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default Any news from the BIG SHOW?

Posted By: warshawlaw

You ever notice that there are some dealers who do not seem to sell anything? In Cleveland I found a dealer with some exhibit cards I wanted but his prices were outlandish and he had no interest in negotiating so I skipped his table. He was there again in CHI with the same cards, same prices and same no-sales.

OJ Simpson was there. His appearance was unannounced, probably to avoid an asset seizure action by the families of the people he murdered. Lots of people were going $100 a pop for sigs and pics with him. I guess the old adage is true: publicity is publicity as long as they spell your name right.

There was a full table of hookers, er, Playboy playmates. I am pleased to note that they were doing no business I could see.

Speaking of hookers, four of us shared a cab ride to the dinner with a cabbie who was bound and determined to get us drugs and hookers for the night. He kepytpressing us to take strip club cards and offering us some "real dessert" after dinner. I was tempted to tell him we were in on a bible conference.