View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 12:18 AM
thomas c killeen

Default Eric Fernsten former NBA

Summer League playoff game, much to my dismay I'm to guard Eric Fernsten. Talked with Eric before the game, told him I would go for any clean plays I could see. Basically agreed not to hack him. Yes we lost, although went pretty good. After the game he said he was pleased with the sportsmanship, and invited myself and my girlfriend to a party at his house. Was hesitant at first and went for it. Upon arrival we were to meet about five Celtics, and Bruins players. Apparently they had rented a house as a group in Winchester Ma. Stayed in touch with Eric for a few years, and negotiated my own contract lol. Basically caretaker of the house. Was bitter sweet experience as I realized how much separation there was from a pro to myself on that day. Played against a lot of talent, but that was my only direct match-up. Patrick Ewing is playing pick up and leaves the court as i had next game! so disappointing. He was playing for Cambridge Rindge and Latin, I was playing for North Cambridge Catholic. Trust me the guy is huge!
One super talented shows up one day. He was hands down the best ball handler, and passer. So i ask "Who do you play for?" He laughs and says "Croatian National team" Those were all in Boston. So many games in LA at Venice Beach, was just another level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eric.jpg (12.8 KB, 168 views)