View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Dan Bl@u

Default Keeping Pop Reports Accurate?

Is there a "formal" process for informing PSA/SGC about crackouts?

An SGC-graded T209-1 sold through LOTG in November. It came up for sale in the latest PWCC auction in a PSA holder, so it was just crossed over in the past couple months. I purchased the card, and I'm going to crack it and resubmit it back to SGC. (What a journey it's been for this poor card!)

The set is very low-pop so I'd like to keep the pop reports accurate if possible.

As for PSA, do I just send the flip back to them? Will that be enough for them to remove the cert from their population?

As for SGC, the old cert number is still showing as active. Is there a good way for me to "prove" to them that the card I now have in the PSA holder is the same one they used to have in their holder? There are some unique markings on the card that make it easy to match up. Is there a process for this, or do I just call them up and see if they'll do it?

Thanks! Incidentally, the card sold in an SGC 20 holder for $224, crossed over to a PSA 1, and sold (to me) for $137.50. So much for cards maximizing value in PSA holders, I suppose.