View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Chris Wood

Default Frustrating

Sorry you are going through this Dan...

I too have been selling on EBay since 1998 and now only list approx 10 items a month. Even with that low amount of auction items I have to deal with one or two buyer issues each month. It's ridiculous to me how buyers can get away with their actions...for example:

A buyer recently bid on my lot of 4 1930's hockey snapshots, paid the $140 winning bid one week after the 7 day payment stipulation in my
listing and only after I had politely pointed this out to him. My gut told me that this guy could be trouble so I paid an extra $5 out of pocket to have the photos shipped registered mail.

The package was returned to me two weeks later marked "no longer at address" (his EBay and PayPal stipulated address). I immediately brought this too his attn and he claims that he just moved and forgot to tell me or change his address with either entity. I asked him for postage payment again (but kindly offered to again pay the difference for registered mail) and he agreed but waited 2 weeks to pay for the second round of postage. Then he waited another week to provide me with his new (unconfirmed address).

All communication was handled through EBay so I felt like even though I was being set up for a fraudulent claim, I may be his first victim as he didn't realize his communications were trackable.

Seems my gut feeling is to be trusted as now he contacts me out of the blue, two weeks after the second package was signed for to complain that one of the photos of an obscure, 1930's minor Canadian hockey team was "a reprint" is his estimation (not true). looks like I will have a case to fight.

I just can't believe the percentage of fraudsters that are out there and I cringe at the thought of the hassles sellers with 100's of items up at any given time must have to deal with.

Chris