View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You are aiming high. There is nothing wrong in ending with a lot of nice Wagner cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Steve, I totally hear ya. I am neck deep in t206 back runs of Tinker bat off and Evers yellow sky, and aside from the t215 & t214 versions (if t214 exist), I am 1-2 away from completing both. But I have resigned that I will never finish Evers (need the Drum and BL460, both 1 of 1 at current), and holding out hope for a tinker bat off AB 460. Indeed, only recently did I learn that there is zero way I will get that Drum for many years (from the horses mouth), and it was truly disheartening and made the whole (expensive) endeavor feel like a waste, especially when you see Jamie’s red Cobb back run. But it gave me a guide, something to shoot for, and I miss that. So recently I have considered t206 back runs of M Browns Chicago shirt, or Frank Chance yellow portrait (an impossible undertaking), but then I bought a Wagner throwing blue Crofts, and it lit a spark. A few more Wagners later and I am again considering undertaking a maddening impossibility. What’s the worst the happens, I get “stuck” with a bunch of rare-back Wagner cards???!!