View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 08:27 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

This ring is not worth much. The 1996 Olympic games were the most or second most marketed games, 1984 being the other. If you paid for the proper license you could use the logo on many items. Any item that was legally manufactured to be marketed in the U.S. would need to have printed or stamped on it the statute for use of the Olympic Rings and games logo - 36 U.S. Code 380. This statute gives the USOC full control over the Olympic rings and appropriate logos. Being that there are no markings and this is clearly a poorly made item I would say it was manufactured in China and probably sold on ebay as an Olympic ring. I've seen similar rings with that same eagle top and faux onyx being sold with pseudo military insignias and the such on the band. Look in the coupons you get in the mail or Publishers Clearing House and you will see the same ring. It is also made of low quality composite metal. The ones I saw for the 1996 games were made in 14kt gold.

Olympic expert, not necessarily. I know what I know and have been buying, selling and collecting Olympic memorabilia since the 1980's.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”