View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 09:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I made the same point earlier. I don't begrudge them making more then me, there are some legitimate reasons for that along with the illegitimate ones. Frankly I don't measure my success against other companies or I'd just dig a hole, hop in, and pull the dirt in over me. I measure success against myself, or my standards. Why bother looking at their results if you know it's gonna tilt you?

As for retractions I've had some interesting legal discussions on here about them. If you accept a bid you legally HAVE to accept a retraction. However if someone has retracted bids in the past you are under no obligation to continue accepting their bids. This is in the UCC and is the law of the land nationwide. You cannot contract away your UCC rights either, so even if an auction house makes you sign something saying you can't retract a bid it is non-binding. The only thing they can legally do is refuse to accept your bid in the first place.
Sellers can't stop them from retracting but they can also block them. I didn't say NO retractions, I just said that after so many, you would booted. So, in my scenario, ebay IS allowing the retraction. Then if it is your second one in a year Ebay should suspend or ban the user. I see no issue with that. Two retractions is plenty in a year (and more than most honest ebayers have in 10-15 yrs).