View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Default REA Lot 319 (Piedmont Cigarette Pack)

Posted By: 1880nonsports

to explore this. I just need a day or two before I look back at this and try and make more sense of it. Before I forget - unless an issue of "value" is verboten - if it is in fact what it porprts to be - we now have a card and a pack. That sort of makes them only worth about what they are worth seperately - which isn't much. Now if this pack isn't found to be a true match - the value isn't much less than the prior scenario as the pack is still a pack and the card still a card. If it's now PROVEN that such an association were possible - the value was in opening new avenues of exploration in a public forum - as a good deal of the 1910 era hobby segment revolves around the idea that 1909-1911 was when the cards were put in the packs - not before and not after.....

Jon to repeat myself - it isn't the significance of the pack to the limited # of pack collectors - it's the information it could contain. As for collecting unopened packs - it's about the sizzle and not the steak - once you open it - all you hear is silence.....