View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Default REA Lot 319 (Piedmont Cigarette Pack)

Posted By: leon

First of all it's quite obvious the seller, Dave (hi Dave), is a very stand up guy. No doubt in my mind he pulled the card from the pack. With that being said I really doubt we will re-write history and the piles of information that we have on packs and cards. If that were the case there would be others that would have been found, imo, by now. As to the rice paper outer packing I have handled that type of paper many times. The ones I have handled crumbled very easily as they were very brittle. I know Dave said that the one he has/had crumbled but in the upper picture it looks like it was taken from around the pack in one piece? I do absolutely think that, with the amount of money we are talking here, someone could have done something deceitful. Kind of like altering of a card to go from a 7 to an 8.....Not like the idiots that think bringing a card from a 3-4 is going to be worthwhile for the doctors. It makes no sense. In this case it would make sense (fiscally) to be deceitful because of the potential money involved. Don't get me wrong....I despise the fraudulent issues in the hobby. I am not saying this is 100% what happened but the possibility does exist. To reiterate I don't think Dave would be a part of anything like this....but honest folks get deceived many times....regards