View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Michael

You are asking for a specific answer to fit your situation but people can only answer from their own experiences and their own situations. There is no one answer to "what kind of advance can I get on a $20K item and is 105% the best I can do on the hammer price".

But as a general answer:
1) most AHs give advances
2) they seem to range from 25-50% (in my experience it is closer to 33%)
3) some consignors utilize this option, others prefer not to
4) no one yet has mentioned interest
5) the % of the hammer price you receive is negotiable but it seems like 100% is now pretty standard....you may or may not be able to get a better rate like 105%, but I don't think you can do better than 105% except for really rare/valuable items (that's just my opinion)

Essentially, your question is only answerable by contacting several AHs, telling them what you have, and asking them what % they can offer as an advance (and also the best they can do regarding the % you will get of the hammer price).
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 07-12-2022 at 03:39 PM.