View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 08:40 AM
Tony Baldwin

As humans, as shown in many posts on NET54, we all have our own individual thoughts, opinions and beliefs. And although I may not agree with others, I respect their individual thoughts, opinions and beliefs. There have been some really great points made by others in this thread, which made me think differently a bit, so thank you all for that.

There have been many forms of what I consider cheating in Major League Baseball; one is:

* Catchers moving their glove after the catch is technically cheating. Where the ball lands, is the pitch location, and it should be called as such. THAT’S REALITY. But it’s been considered “FRAMING,” which we’re supposed to recognize it as a skill. Really? A ball is a ball and a strike is a strike; call it where it lands.

* Pitchers using foreign substances or anything else to alter the ball; getting an edge on the batters. Is that fair? Isn’t that cheating? Of course it is. That’s why it is now illegal.

Those acts do change (pad) a pitchers numbers. Do we now go back to the pitchers in the Hall of Fame and re-adjust their numbers? What was called a strike - was actually a ball? Do their numbers actually reflect their own individual ability, without any help from any foreign substance or anything else to alter the ball?

Well, some may think that’s a reach, and won’t agree with that, but that is my opinion.

I don’t think there is one resolve, because as you can see by the writers, voters, and all of us, we are all over the place in how we see it. Again, individual thoughts, opinions and beliefs.

There are players already in the Hall of Fame who used PEDs. As I stated early, put an asterisk next to their name and call it a day. In the end, everyone knows what they did.

If Arod is left out because of testing positive and being suspended, and Bonds gets in because he didn’t do the same, that’s bull crap. Bonds use of PEDs got him the All-Time Home Run Record. Don’t need a positive test or a suspension to prove to me he used PEDs.

Thanks, Tony

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 01-09-2022 at 09:00 AM. Reason: typo