View Single Post
Old 03-19-2016, 11:22 AM
Luke Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozumeleno View Post
Sorry that happened to you - I would agree that it looks trimmed to me.

My question is if the seller is really liable here for the return shipping. If I were selling it, it's not worth the hassle of having an unhappy buyer so I would accept the return and pay for the return shipping. But he also listed the card as fair to poor and as a trimmed card, poor is what it is. I realize the amount of creasing makes it poor, anyway, but I would probably feel differently if the card didn't have as much creasing and he listed the card as Good or something. By calling it fair to poor, I think he technically covers himself on a trimmed card.

He certainly needs to accept the return but the description actually matches what the card is since he calls it either fair or poor, IMO.
Yeah, I agree with this. Ebay return policy is that buyer pays return shipping. I've only returned a few items, but I have always paid the shipping.

I think that since he called it a poor condition card, he has done everything he needed to. None of us can be sure that it is trimmed, so I wouldn't expect the seller to make a judgement call for sure one way or the other.

When I am selling a card that in my opinion has a chance to be trimmed, I mention the possibility. I think that is the ideal way to handle it, but if the card is low grade and the seller mentions that and provides a good scan, I think that is enough.