Thread: eBay auctions
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeLyon View Post
Something like this would be cool. Even from ebay's perspective, I don't see that the benefit to them outweighs the negatives associated with having cards priced at 5x retail that relist for years. That just looks so bad to potential customers. We can see in this thread that potential customers are so turned off that they don't even look at the BINs, and that should alarm ebay. But maybe they just don't care about the baseball card market. I actually think they will (or would) want to clean it up if they ever realize how bad it looks to customers.

For the really big card sellers, I understand their model and they should be allowed to operate in a way that works for them. But, there are a ton of small sellers, or sellers with a small card inventory that just have no intention of selling anything on ebay. They just relist over and over at outrageous prices. As a guy who sells exclusively via the BIN (and tries to price fairly) it sucks that people are not even looking because of how bad the worst offenders are.
Agreed! I have some of the fairest/lowest prices on Ebay, and I won't even get a 2nd look. My cards should be literally FLYING off the shelves. Instead I have to wholesale them just to get them to move. Over inflated cards hurts EVERYBODY, in ways that some people don't even think about!