View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default About vintage card scarcities

Posted By: TBob

I was wondering if the much trumpeted growing scarcity of caramel and tobacco cards is a feeling shared by those on this board. It seems to me that E94s, 97s and 98s, for example, are getting harder and harder to find. I wasn't collecting these 3 sets 5-10 years ago so I don't know if they were just as difficult then or not. Could it be that more and more of these cards (along with Obaks and T207s) are winding up in the collections of collectors to stay there until the distant future as opposed to people buying them for immediate re-sale to turn a profit?
I remember well a post from Scott Brockelman a couple of years ago in which people were dogging the T207 cards for their drab colors and lack of name players in the set and Scott said to just send them to him, he'd take all he could get. I think he was ahead of the times and they seem to be pretty hot right now, at least the "non-most common" 50 or 60 which always appear on ebay. I personally think a lot of us finally completed our T205 and 206 sets (less the Big Ones) and have turned to other sets, hence the interest in the 204, 207, etc.
What do others think? Just curious...