Thread: john lennon
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Default john lennon

Posted By: warshawlaw

WTF are you talking about?? I was merely pointing out that yesterday was the anniversary of a world-shaping event by attempting to blend two very famous quotations about the day. The first part of the line I wrote references FDR's speech to the American people after the attack, the 2nd references a line that was attributed to the Japanese admiral who conceived of the attack when he learned that the attack had been launched prior to the declaration of war hence was a sneak attack. The actual line attributed to Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto on realizing that he had engaged in a dishonorable sneak attack is: "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." He never said it; the line was created for the movie Tora! Tora! Tora! The other common Yamamoto quote predicting the future outcome of an attack on the United States ("I can run wild for six months … after that, I have no expectation of success.") is real, and is something he is recorded to have said to a number of different Cabinet members in Japan in the 1940 time period.

My advice to you is to sit back, take ten deep breaths and think before posting again. You may avoid posting something ignorant, inflammatory and stupid.