View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 08:56 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

There was a numbered series of RPPC's that were produced and distributed by Jim Elder which utilized Paulson's negatives. They have the same standard Kodak back, with the only other identification being the stamped number on the reverse. I cannot recall if Robinson was represented in the set, or if so, whether this image was used, but I can check when I return home this evening.

Aside from those, Paulson produced and distributed such postcards from his own negatives in much the same fashion as George Brace did for years, though much less prolifically. Most of his subjects were minor leaguers, and he would market the photos primarily to the players and their families. He did take photos off major leaguers as well though, primarily at spring training, but I am not certain what his method of distribution was other than through the mail.

As far as time frame, he started young in the 1930's working under George Burke, and branched out on his own by the 1950's. Without having looked into what addresses he may have used over the years, I would say anything bearing his stamp would have been produced anywhere from the 1950's through the 1980's(?) as all of his work done under Burke remained in that archive. I'll have to look up his bio info I compiled when I return home, but if I recall correctly, he passed in the mid-1990's.