View Single Post
Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Bob Hamlin

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
The six square frame players, also come blank backed. As has been covered before these six people held special prominence in the Worcester/Boston area. While it's generally accepted the square frames were a special print for some tribute to them, it's possible the blank backs were as well. Further the blank backs, can be found with and without the glossy coating on the front.

To further muddy or clear the water, once in a while a player will show up blank back that is not part of the six square frame subjects. These are cards that began life as two part cards(which a very small amount of T204's population) before going to a solid stock. The cards were either soaked apart or came apart due to storage in damp or high humidity over the decades. At one time the legit blank backs brought a decent premium, over a regular Ramly back, now they still bring a small premium but not as much as in the past.

The six Square frame subjects below, all of which are blank backed, you will not find one of these with a Ramly or T.T.T. back.
It's funny, I have a Burkett T204 that is a blank backed card, and on very thin stock. It wasn't until your post that I realized what happened or how that came to be. I've always thought it to be skinned, but now I'm thrilled to learn its not the case. Much Appreciated for the info!

Bob