View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default W575-1/M-Unc WD Boyce Companies

These blank backs could be categorized as a W575 catch-all, as JR Burdick had them classified; see below from his 1960 ACC. Then after that we could get more specific with something like M-Unc for the WD Boyce Publishing Co's., or whatever letter and corresponding company. I don't think I would put hand cut on a label, if I were the grader, if I didn't think it was hand cut. But that is just me.
As for the categorizing, I believe the above is the way I have done mine in the past. So this would be W575-1/M-Unc WD Boyce Co's. I am sure there are lots of other great ways to do it too. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
The problem here is that TPGs will not recognize these cards for what they are, which is essentially blank-backed e121s. The '21 Henry Johnson Confectioners suffer a similar fate--they are called w575-1s and hand-cut when they clearly are factory or at least machine cut and unlikely cut from strips. Many e121 blank backs are graded as w575-1 also. Either they should be acknowledged as such or, perhaps more accurately, should be called E-Unc. However, one problem there is that some of these might have been distributed with bread or bakery products, which would make them classified as D-unc, and it may be impossible to tell the difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg acc.jpg (84.2 KB, 158 views)