View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 08:07 PM
And.rew Whi.te

Default A question for you all........

I dont post much on these boards as I try and soak up all the knowledge you all have in regards to pre-war cards but I certainly check the boards everyday and have done so for ten years. I have been collecting since I was 8 years old and am now 53 so I am no newbie to the card collecting world but pre-war is an area I never dabbled in because, well I just didnt have the knowledge. I have never treated my collection as an investment as I have only collected what I liked but I have had the good fortune to make some money in this hobby over the years due to having a good amount of knowledge but I must now ask this question to the pre-war experts.

In a few weeks I have about 500 bucks to play with and I thought I would invest it into some pre-war cards. In the effort to carry over the theme of "collect what you like" I feel I want to spend this money on some hall of famers that are either T cards or even perhaps some Goudeys. I would prefer graded but would certainly consider raw. My question to you experts is what would you sink your 500 bucks into? One lower grade T206 HOFer but nice eye appeal or a collection of Goudey's HOFers that are low to mid grade. Or perhaps something else.

I would love to hear what you all would do with this small some of money in order to open the door to pre-war collecting for someone who has never ventured there and perhaps somewhere down the line there might be a return on investment.