Thread: Anonymity
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2004, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Default Anonymity

Posted By: petecld

I started a new thread so topics are separete and poeple can read only what they want.

Julie,
You have confused "bone of contention" and "common courtesy". When two people meet, don't mature adults say something like, "Hello, I'm (Your name here)" with a conversation to follow. What's wrong with that? The threads here turn into conversations at times, is it asking to much for the people involved to know exactly who they are addressing?

"bimmie"
What I find disturbing is people who use fake names and fake email addresses as you have admitted to doing. Criminals use aliases and scum selling fakes on eBay use fake names and accounts to keep ahead of the honest people who out them. Good company you put yourself in. How do you think we all got to know each other? By lying? Not the long term friendships that are formed. Is that how you start of your personal relationships? By lying about your name? That's sad. Asking a question about Baseball cards on this board is or should be and innocent act. What's wrong with using your name? Even if it is just a casual occurrence. Why is it you don't want people to know who you are? If you are that paranoid about someone being able to find out who you are I offer the same advice to you as I did to Julie, stay off the internet. I don't mean that harshly, it's a sincere statement because so precious little on the internet is private these days and most of it is much more covert then this board utilizes.

Agree or disagree with his approach to responding at least when Mike Wentz uses this board he openly IDs himself. Why can't you?