View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
I am guessing that many other e-bayers shared my doubts when making bidding decisions on these Koester Bread cards last night as the Ross Youngs sold for $70.99. Although it was hand-cut unevenly, the card still lists in the 2010 SCBC for $1,500, $900, $500 (these figures are approximate as I don't have the book handy) in varying conditions. I would think with this set being so scarce that a HOF'er would sell for far more than it did. I might have paid 4X the selling price if I knew the card to be legitimate.
Phil, I won 2 of the cards. I was also skeptical and emailed him. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about. The fact that he had a Burkett selling with these others made me feel like maybe they were Koester Bread cards. I thought the reason the Young(s) card went so low was that it will probably only get an Authentic grade, not sure. FYI. I spent 3 hours reading 5 years of N54 posts before bidding (back to the Hal Lewis days). I'm not sure how SGC will label them, of course, except the Burkett. As soon as I get them they are going overnight to SGC. Bottom line, after my research and email I trusted the seller. Dan