Thread: CSA grading?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Default CSA grading?

Posted By: tbob

I don't why you would be wary of GAI. I have had more problems than anyone with them but the problems have always dealt with the return and loss of my cards in transit, the time spent in grading, etc. Their grading, to me, is very close to that of SGC. I do hate their slabs of oversize cards (Fatimas, etc) which look like license plate holders but their actual grading has never been a problem for me.
Now if you want to be wary of someone, if you have the Mastro catalogues from the past few years, it might surprise you to look at the auctions which Mastro had which said that a specific lot contained cards which were trimmed and altered and then check ebay some time to see what appears to be those same cards in one particular company's holders, and it ain't GAI. Check out the E93s, E94s and E95s in Lot 1607 in the auction which started on August 11, 2003 and which Mastro CLEARLY stated were trimmed and altered. Look at the scans. Any of them look familiar as having been sold in slabs on ebay in 2004 and 2005?