View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 12:05 PM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Right, the servers went down just as the 10 minute per lot rule went into effect. So the fair (honest) solution would be for tonight, at 9:00 EST, the auction resumes at that point, with the 10 minute per lot rule in effect. Then you, and everyone who couldn't get their final bids in, would have their chance.

Suppose you're playing hockey and your team is ahead with 10 minutes left in the game. Some clown throws a fish onto the ice and pauses the game. What is the fair (and honest) way to deal with it? Most, if not all of us, would agree, you remove the fish, clean up the ice (in other words, deal with the problem,) and then reset the clock to right before the fish hit the ice. Right? I mean, that's obvious isn't it?

But what REA did is that, plus added an entire additional day to the auction, just to be sure the other team had ample time to score, again and again.

Which benefits them, to the detriment of honesty and fair play.
I agree 100%. What I found especially odd is that, on one lot in particular, I had the high bid for the entirely of the extended time and half of the ten-minute extension. The moment they went back online again, the high bid showing was 20% higher than my previous high bid. How did that happen?

I'm tempted to bid some more, but the whole situation has given me second thoughts.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry