View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Eric Bea.chley

There have been a couple recent comparisons between the 2 companies where SGC is beating PSA 2-1 on the same grades for the same cards (meaning when 30 cards of the same grade are compared, 20 SGC cards went for more and 10 PSA cards went for more). Same thing on the non-sports side. This is in direct contrast to a couple years ago when it was the other way around and seems to be relevant based on the sample sizes. And yes, I've said that in certain cases (T206 in grade 9), they sell for considerably more. But not for the average card. I'm trying to find the posts to link.

This is an observation based on observable events, not an opinion. My posts on PSA going out of business is an opinion based on many factors such as their cessation of dividends, recording a deferred tax valuation allowance, stock market price below repurchase plan agreements, executive poison plan implementation disagreed upon by major shareholders, lack of integrity on violation of the service agreements, etc.

As a third-party service provider they are following the direction of Arthur Anderson, not Price Waterhouse Coopers.

Last edited by egbeachley; 06-18-2009 at 10:14 PM.