View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:37 PM
J1m Ch@pman

Default 1907 Carl Horner portrait New York Highlanders foldout postcard

Here is a fascinating 1907 New York Highlanders foldout postcard featuring the portrait photos of Carl Horner. It is pretty wide with the strips so be sure to scroll to your right to see it all.

Griffith-face-up-strip-web.jpg

scorecard-strip-web.jpg

Schedule-web.jpg

Scorecards.jpg

Keeler-web.jpg

Chase-web.jpg

Chesbro-web.jpg

Eberfeld-webjpg.jpg

Mail-Card-web.jpg

Note that the scorecard attributes the photos to Horner which we all recognize from the T206 set and his cabinets. It also notes that he was the Official Photographer for the Major Leagues, I was able to find a newspaper article that confirms this. This is also one of the few Chase Horner portrait images that shows him in his 1905 "NY" jersey.

I have seen a 1907 Highlanders player action shot version of the foldout postcard, but never this Horner portrait version. Here is the 1907 NY Giant version which sold years ago on Heritage.

Heritage 1907 Giants.jpg

HA Giants 1907 2.jpg

Has anyone seen this 1907 Horner Highlanders portrait version before? It appears to be incredibly rare, far rarer than the action shot foldouts of the Highlanders and Giants. To my eye at least, it is more appealing as well.

Also, many thanks to Jeff L. who helped me unify this beauty when it had recently been dispersed in a "Mail Card" portion and a "foldout" portion. It would have been a shame to have had this lost to the hobby!