View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Ja,mie B.

Eric,

I had not read your second post, but I hardly think that price results from a set of obscure Kinney Military cards is an accurate indicator of the total market for SGC vs. PSA prices.

Also, just because one or two posters has suggested that they have recently received higher grades from PSA, that again, a sample of one or two people, is hardly a significant sample size in which to judge the strictness of an entire companies that grades hundreds of thousands of cards.

I am not thrilled myself with the stories about PSA that have come off this board, especially the one where PSA bumped two cards based on a customer complaint of not having a report that explained the grades. It is not that I believe that all PSA does it angelic - hardly. But I do believe that, in spite of a few widely written cases, they are a respectable, and highly credible grading company. To suggest that PSA may be going out of business, when in fact they are turning a profit, in my opinion, is simply irresponsible and slanderous. And again, I wish I knew more about Kinney Military cards, but I hardly think that one strange subset of non-sports cards is an accurate indicator for the entire pre-war market.