View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Default vintagecardprices.com

Posted By: Joe P.

There are old collectors, new collectors and then we have the investors.

This old collector has probably handled more cards over the years, and been to more shows all over the country than you ever dreamed of.
This collector probably could have prevented the Rosen, Keith O. and the graders Doyle fiasco back in 2001.
This collector handled and owned a real Doyle, and two altered Doyles back in 1990.
This collector did an extensive research into telling the difference between the good and the evil Doyle. .... my money and pelotas were at stake. .... it's amazing how inspirational that can be.

Robert, this collector loves to do research, getting into the trenches and digging for the missing pieces of the puzzle. .... that's the fun part of MY HOBBY.

Not only can I grade my own cards, I can tell you what they are. ... something some graders have a problem doing.

The internet is a wonderful thing.
The service that you guys are working on also has merit, and I wish you luck.

I may be wrong, but I see more tapping of other brains, than actual digging from the new collectors/investors. ... not that there's anything wrong with that.
In which case, your service might fit the bill.

To even think that the service will be at the top of the price changes would be ludicrous.

The investors have given this hobby a stock market mindset.

What's up today, may be down tomorrow.

What's hot today, could be ice tea tomorrow.

I sincerely wish you guys luck in your venture.

Joe P.