View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Kyle May

When I got back into the hobby a few years ago while I was in college, I tried to put together base sets for basketball, football, and baseball. Modern didn't do it for me, I had no interest in collecting vintage sets of guys I've never even heard of at times, so I determined that true set collecting wasn't for me.

However, the great thing about this hobby is the ability to create your own sets. Team sets, player runs, Hall of Fame sets, etc. THAT is what does it for me. My Hall of Fame project is what I'm having a blast with right now. Within the project, I have mini Hall of Fame sets, and I do consider the overall project to be a "set" (one of each Hall of Famer - I call it the Cooperstown set; not really, I just thought of that, but it sticks and I might start using it haha).

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame