View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Alan Elefson

Default William Heffelfinger Cabinet Photo?

Hi-
I went out antique shopping this weekend and I picked up this cabinet as a gamble. I bought it because it said Pach Bros on the bottom, and I knew they photographed college football and major league baseball at the turn of the century. For 3.00, I figured it was worth a gamble. The name penciled on the back rang a bell with me, but it might be because it was such an odd name (and not that I had heard it before).
I took it home and searched Pach bros online. Of course, I found many common person photos and put it aside. Last night, I decided to search the name penciled on the back. It appeared to me to be Heffelpinger and as I was typing it into Google, Heffelfinger popped up. It appears he is considered the first ever professional football player. He was also a college coach for a number of years.
Is this a photo of William Heffelfinger? I have attached a regular scan (at 200 dpi) and a larger scan in the next post (600 dpi). Below is a link to an image of Heffelfinger on Wikipedia. Any thoughts as to whether this is him?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Heffelfinger
Thanks in advance,
Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img316.jpg (48.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg img317.jpg (46.6 KB, 208 views)