Thread: PSA v SGC
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
Looking for some insight as I never personally submitted to SGC; any comments & help appreciated: Must decide by June 30th.

So here's my question. I have a bunch of cards/auto's that I'm considering sending in to SGc; I need to join their gold club $125 to take advantage of their $5 card/$8 auto special. I have at least 300-500 I am considering.
1. Is it worth it? Do they often do this special or is like once a year?
2. How do SGC cards compare to PSA in terms of resale? say from 40's to present and on auto cards; I know it's lower but how much lower {ie. 10%, 30%, etc}
3. How does SGC {JSA} auto compare to PSA/DNA auto, in terms of resale?
4. Would you do this; have you had good experience with SGC or wait it out for a modern 56+ psa special? {if it ever happens}

Here is my 2 cents.

1. The Gold Club thing is new for SGC and I would say it's a damn good deal!

2. SGC cards are usually lower resale, but each card really is a case by case basis. Some are closer than others in value.

3. This is where you may notice the biggest or smallest difference. Some people will ONLY buy PSA auto and some could care less and will pay the same amount for a JSA auto.(from my experience)

4. I personally love the way SGC grades. They seem to be dead on with their grades. I have noticed lately that PSA is just way too strict and inconstant too. I have gotten cards back with stains graded a 5 with no stain designation and cards that look amazing as 4's. SGC if definitely my preference for grading, however if you are looking to make a quick flip PSA may be your best play short term. Lowest PSA usually will go is like $6.50 so multiply your 500 cards by the extra $1.50 and your looking at $750 right off the bat in grading fees. If you're looking at lower end cards SGC may be worth the play, higher end (where you can recoup that $750 in 5-10 cards, then PSA probably.

K bye.