View Single Post
Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Administrator

Default OT - Buck O'Niel will have a plaque in the HOF

Posted By: john/z28jd

The only part i dont agree about is that when you say "who cares about Cooperstown...."

I think they need to have him in there so generations after us dont forget what he did,people around now will always remember him but for now theres no rush to get him there because he already passed away.It may be the public outcry that gets him in sooner but they would be better off waiting awhile so the ceremony isnt interrupted by negativity surrounding it

You also mention other players who were deserving and while now wouldve been a good time for them to be elected,i still believe they shouldve started from the beginning of baseball first and made sure all the 19th century players who deserved induction were in and finally close the door on them.The veteran election they have now is a joke because the final ballot contains a couple legitimate choices while you could put together an all-star team of more legit choices from the 19th century.Like you with your knowledge of Negro Leagues,theres only a small voice that cant talk over the people who want in players they know who are still living and they saw play