View Single Post
Old 09-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Administrator

Default "football sucks"

Posted By: Greg

Seeing that I have nothing else better to do, and it appears that there is a love for irrelevant bashing on here, I would like to change the direction of this thread to "Lima Beans Suck." After all, most of us can probably agree that the lima bean is truly one of the most aweful vegetables out there (or perhaps it is not a vegetable after all, how ignorant of me if I am wrong, but I'll just say it anyway because it is apparently fine to say just anything you want to on here).

For the life of me, I simply cannot understand the rationale people have for seizing any opportunity they can get in order to just say something negative about something, especially if it has no relevance at all (especially the part about football being less intelligent than baseball, how utterly ignorant, and what the heck does one have to do with the other? That's like saying apples are more intelligent than oranges, or brain surgeons are more intelligent than cardiac surgeons). And for those who are offended by the word "ignorant", please look it up in the dictionary.

So you don't like football, or soccer, or.....should any of us care? I don't like the ballet, but why on earth would I start a post like "Ballet Sucks" on a vintage baseball card forum? Is it supposed to make me feel better? Is it to hurt ballerinas or those who love the ballet? Do you think ballerinas or ballet afficianados give a crap about what I think anyway?

Narrowmindedness never gets you anywhere, unless you're trying to get a mob of like-narrowminded people together for the sole sake of making yourself feel better or to spread hatred and dissent.

I should probably clerify that this sentiment is not just for this baseball/football dispute, but for all of the childish negative threads that occasionally pop up here. Wouldn't life be a little more easy and enjoyable if we all just tried to broaden our minds or at least tolerate others that may not share our own point of view?

Something also tells me I would rather hang out with a bunch of guys tossing down a few beers watching whatever game happens to be on the tube than anyone sitting with a group all pissing and moaning that they don't like something just because it's different from their primary interest.

I wish I could contribute more to the board on vintage cards. Problem is, I'm just starting out and am trying to learn the hobby so I have nothing to contribute on them (and as a result I don't feel it appropriate just to say something just to hear myself speak, er, type). But this is beyond card knowledge, it's nothing different than what I would say to my 8 year old if she behaved just as badly.

Just my two cents, not that it's worth anything.

OK.....go ahead and bash me. I'm a big boy.

Greg

(Who thoroghly enjoyed being glued to the tube yesterday watching a Patriot victory sandwiched in between two beautiful slices of downtrodden, ripped apart, going nowhere fast, BoSox beating those Damn Yankees - despite the admiration I have for the season New York put up)