View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Default Barry Sloate Auctions Now Open for Bidding

Posted By: barrysloate

Since I have been asked by literally hundreds of people (okay, three people) for an early preview of my May 15 auction, here are some of the highlights:

* A nice grouping of 19th century cabinet cards, including a team photo of the 1888 St. Louis Browns, a studio cabinet of Bid McPhee, and Newsboys of George Van Haltren and Parke Wilson.

*Some superb 19th century cards, including a high grade N162 Mike Kelly, high grade N172 Old Judges including Connie Mack, Kid Nichols, Ned Hanlon, Amos Rusie, and the rare Cushman, Toledo.

* Many high quality E-cards, including an E107 Type 2 of Rube Waddell, numerous Honus Wagner and Christy Mathewson cards, and many rare issues such as E103 and E106.

* A superb group of tobacco cards, including many high grade T206 Hall of Famers and rare backs, some high quality T205's and some rare T207's.

* Many high quality 1930's gum cards, including a nice group of EX-MT and NR MT Hall of Famers.

And that's it, there's absolutely nothing else...well in truth, there's MUCH, MUCH MORE, but everyone says that and I like to be different.

That's just a smattering to whet your appetite.