View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Dave Carson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
---wondering what has held you back on the Rose RC?
Over the years mostly just being cheap and stubborn.

Price skyrocketed back in the day, then the counterfeits showed up. Graded cards were just becoming a thing a few years before I phased out of the hobby and at the time I thought that concept was ridiculous. I also thought the rookie card concept was crazy too. I had a mental block on paying more than $100 for a card for a long, long time.

Clearly time has given me a different perspective on all of it. Fortunately time has also given me more disposable income.

When I started jumping back in a few years back, the Rose card was never near the top of my list. I think the 63 Topps rookies are pretty ugly - no real visual appeal to me. I went to the 52 and 53 Topps and 51 and 52 Bowman as my focus as I jumped back in.

I just added the Rose rookie to my EBay notification e-mails a few weeks ago. I'm sure at some point in the not too distant future I will pull the trigger and get one. I just want to watch the market a bit and get an understanding. I also need to pull out my binder of 63 Topps and get a better feel for what the rest of my set looks like. Given the full bleed colors, I imagine I probably have more chipped corners than I would like.