View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM

Default General Discussion: Is This a Brown Old Mill Back?

I was going over my T206 cards and sorting them by back. I am not a back collector so I have not paid too much attention to the backs in my set. However, when I was reviewing the pile of Old Mill cards, one card immediately jumped out at me. It looked different than the others. Was the "odd" card a vaunted brown Old Mill back?

Over the last few days I have reached out to some fellow collectors more familiar with T206 backs. Their insight into fronts/backs/printing/cutting was very helpful and I decided, per Leon's recommendation, to move the discussion to a new thread. I respectfully request that those collectors that have a more intimate knowledge of T206 backs not comment until later in the thread. Let some of the newer collectors voice their opinion and go through the thought process regarding backs, where they were printed and how they were cut and let them make their own decision.

Hopefully, the following discussion as new information comes out will be a great learning experience for all. At a later time, I will add more scans that paralleled the collective thought process.

Is this a brown Old Mill back?

Z Wheat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg T206 Kiernan Back Lo.jpg (58.6 KB, 259 views)