View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Default Cobb T206 Red question

Posted By: martin dalziel

Oh, I certainly agree that from a personal preference perspective, if I got a heads up on everything thats of personal interest to me then that would be great. I too would like to know about things before an auction ends versus after its done - but thats not the point.

People spend a lot of time and energy trying to find things in all manner of places. There was a post a few weeks back about an auction that had a bunch of T3's in it. Before the post its a likely bet that next to no one knew about it - it was a regional auction and there was no mention of T3 or Turkey Red or anything else. After someone posted about the auction, a day or so before the auction started, suddenly you have a whole host of people that now knew about it. Good for the auctioneer i'm sure, becuase they now had a bunch more bidders, but not so good for the person who through their own hard work (and it is hard work sometimes) or just luck, thought they'd be able to pick up some cards a decent price uncontested.

It is just cards, but its also just money, and if i'm going to do all the work in finding the bargains then i'm not about to announce to the world where those bargains are; once i do, they're not bargains anymore. Selfish maybe, but who here wouldn't prefer to get something for a bargain versus having to fight it out amongst others and pay more?