View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 04:39 PM
Bob C.

Thanks Butch, appreciate the comments.

I figured I may as well add an image of the actual game board and spinner. Stole this one off this off the internet, not a scan of the one that I actually own. Neat game board and graphics, all metal with a rally large and unusual 4-pointed spinner that takes up a good chunk of the game board. You can see where there are the 9 circular spots on either side of what would be considered the 1st and 3rd base lines to place your player pieces/discs to be used in the game. Kind of like where everyone would be in a dugout just like at a real game. Thought that was a neat idea.

By the way, the image I used was from a completed Ebay sale of the game back on 3/18/16. The description showed that only 16 of the 20 player pieces/discs were still included with the game, and no box. As a point of reference for the OP, it went for $425.00 back then so, there is some value to the game and the pieces/discs. Though the four main HOF player pieces/discs were apparently included with the sale, i still think the game itself, with the spinner, made up the major portion of the value. What is interesting is that in looking at what 4 player pieces/discs were missing from this earlier game sold on Ebay, the OP has all four them, Barry, Fletcher, McInnis and Merkle, all common players. That is why I said that if somehow the OP could get in touch with someone who purchased the game, and is missing player pieces/discs that she's looking to sell, that would probably be a great way to find a buyer willing to maybe pay a little extra for at least some of your pieces. As an FYI, the Ebay item number for this earlier sale is 201524206749. I have no idea if there would be any way to use that to get a hold of the buyer. Seller's Ebay ID is 8whiteorchids. Maybe you could try getting through to them to see if you could find out how to contact the buyer. I imagine that if they still had the game and you got a hold of them offering to sell them the four missing player pieces/discs that they didn't have, they might be really appreciative. Good luck!