View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Default To Ya'll- the personal attack folks & poetic justice

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...for writing this post.

I am a little shocked, actually... I came into this Vintage Card Bulletin Board to discuss Vintage Cards; Auctions (the good auctions to look out for and the bad auctions to look out for); eBay - since so many cards come up there and because I met so many cool people on this Board from trading on eBay; Grading Companies (the good and the bad)...the many, many interesting facets of Vintage Card Trading.

I expect from time to time that we folks here, as friends, should be warning each other about shills, bogus auctions/cards, and the like... I appreciate that a lot, actually (and I only wish I had gotten a slightly sooner warning about bocotton on eBay, for example, but at least I could pass my bad, dishonorable experience with him on to everyone here as a warning...)

What I didn't expect was the childish and bigoted personal attacks, absolutely foul language and evil, hateful constant dialogue that an extreme minority (basically one) works into almost EVERY thread on this board. I can't believe it. Time and time again, regardless of the thread title or direction of the conversation, WHAM!! It swoops in and lashes out a random, hateful and viscious personal attack on virtually anyone in the thread...completely disassociated from the specific topic, and way off base from Vintage Cards.

I think it's a shame that the psychologically unbalanced tirades continue to degrade the quality of conversation, friendly warnings about illegal and unethical trading behavior, healthy discussions and occasional friendly arguments we all have here. Maybe there is hope that the board can soon return to a more civilized, less hateful and bigoted discourse and all members here can enjoy each other's postings without the 3rd-grade level personal attacks and name-calling.