View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Banned

so if i had a card that was almost a 5, but not quite, it gets a 4, i sell it to somebody for $300. now that sgc decides they want to give out half grades, he sends it in and it gets a 4.5, he can now sell it to someone else and make more than i did because half grades werent "invented" yet.

when they say that the customer demands it, they mean that a few, well-heeled customers with huge collections demanded it. its all about $$$$.

if sgc were to lose money by implementing half grades, they wouldnt just do it because the customer demands it. they knew they could make more $$$ by doing it, so they did it.

getting a company to do something that make sense even though it wont make them money is hard and almost impossible, look at psa/dna autographs. they know what the right thing to do with autograph authentication, for many years, but they wont implement any changes that are a money loser, even if it is for the betterment of the hobby. they only implement changes that $$$$ and $$$$, for better or worse, and most times worse in my view.

if you agreed with me, then i wouldnt be bitching, its only bitching because we disagree. let's all agree on everything from now on. shake.

Last edited by travrosty; 07-17-2012 at 11:15 AM.