View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 08:28 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

3 days left to the target date (7/22)

I've had a number of people who have told me they are going to wait to buy spots until we get closer to selling out, which is understandable, but is a tragedy of the commons situation if everyone holds out until everyone else pays up, so no one ever gets anything. Therefore, I've added an enticement below to try to break that up. There are 202 spots available right now.

Bonus 1 (above) still applies.

Now, so does this one.
Bonus 2: This one will only be available for those who pay for more than one spot before 7/22. If you pay for 100 spots today you qualify. If you pay for 2 spots on Sunday you qualify.

How to win: Pay by 7/21 and submit, along with your payment, your prediction for the total number of runs that will be scored by NL teams and the number that will be scored by AL teams in all games played on Monday, July 22 and Tuesday July 23. (To clarify, this includes all runs scored in the late 7/23 games regardless of whether they are scored before or after midnight of 7/24.) That's a total of 26 games. If the set break sells out by 7/22 and you match both the NL number and AL number you will win one of the cards below.

Prizes: Winner will receive their choice of any one of the following cards. If there is more than one winner, first choice will go to the contestant who purchased the largest number of slots in the set break, second to the contestant who purchased the second most, and so on. In the event of a tie, selection order will be determined by a random drawing.

1954 Topps Hank Aaron
1959 Topps Bob Gibson
1952 Bowman Harry Brecheen prototype
T206 Bender portrait
T206 Bresnahan portrait
T206 Stovall portrait

And how many dollars are all these cards worth? 1951 of course. You can look it up.

In the event that the set break does not sell out by 7/22, I will make a decision next week to either refund all purchased and cancel the set break or to extend it for exactly one month (to 8/22). That will basically depend on how close it is to selling out. The two bonuses listed above are void if the set break does not sell out by 7/22, so that will have no bearing on my decision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1954 Topps Aaron.jpg (53.9 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg 1959 Topps Gibson.jpg (78.6 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg 1952 Bowman Brecheen prototype.jpg (77.3 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Bender port.jpg (76.5 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Bresnahan port.jpg (78.4 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg T206 Stovall P150 SGC.jpg (64.4 KB, 251 views)