View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzu View Post
Looks like it got caught in one of the rollers, which if that was the case no piece of cardboard or anything short of steel would have protected it. I've worked around enough mail sorting facilities to see stuff like that happen from time to time. Anything caught in those gets instantly chewed up. A box is always a good way to go but I have seen those get flattened like a pancake too.

+1

A few years ago, I won a 1933 Sport Kings Red Grange on ebay. When I got it in Texas (from Alaska), the package (one of the padded yellow bubble mailers) was mangled. I opened it up, and the card had been put between cardboard, and wrapped in bubblewrap. Even with that, the PSA holder was broken right across the card. Luckily, the card was undamaged, and PSA later regraded it at the same grade.

Just sayin' that with valuable cards, if you want it to get there undamaged, you have to start at the minimum with a box and plenty of bubblewrap, and if possible, plenty of styrofoam peanuts also.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox