View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default warning: obnoxious jerk ahead

Posted By: warshawlaw

I reported the calls to ebay safe harbor. The following is their response:

Thank you for writing with your concern.

I am sorry that you have received phone calls of this nature. I can understand how this could be disconcerting.

First, I would like to strongly suggest that you immediately report this instance to your local law enforcement authorities. Unfortunately, we
are unable to take action based on reports of phone calls. You may want to contact your phone company since they will be better equiped to advise you in this situation.

However, If you have been receiving these threats via email, please send me a copy of the actual email along with its full header. As you may already be aware, the full header is extremely important, as we cannot
take any kind of action without it. I have pasted an additional example of what we are looking for below:

[I omitted the example to save space]

For security reasons we cannot open attachments sent to us. Therefore, please copy the contents of the message and header, and paste it into the body of your reply. As soon I have received this information, I will
be able to further investigate your situation.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write.

Regards,

Daria
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team

I guess as long as you harass your buyers over the phone, eBay doesn't care. This guy now has multiple feedbacks reporting phone harassment and eBay's reaction is that of a coma victim on valium.