View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 04:16 PM
$cotty @.utin

Is there a reason you were openly rude to the seller to start the conversation? Everyone on here thought it was real till other evidence was introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
I sent this message to the seller: So did you sell this as a reprint to the buyer or are you trying to misrepresent it?

Seller's response: Excuse me!!! This was not a reprint I showed to some dealers and also I'm offering a full refund on the item

My follow-up:Ok, just thought you might want to hear that there are concerns about what is being sold. You may want to check out the 12/16/2013 Cowan's auction of this image. Interesting that it appears to have all the same stain marks sans the cropped portions around the perimeter of the image.

Now I'm not gonna say it's a reprint myself but I think it doesn't take a genius to come to your own conclusion. What is annoying out there on eBay anymore (amongst many other things) is that sellers think they can get away with anything by saying they'll offer a refund. So, what most do is to sell it and hope that the buyer doesn't know what he has. If he does, they apologize profusely and then the duped buyer is so happy to get his money back he doesn't even give the seller a negative feedback. Hell, I've even seen buyers give a positive feedback for the seller being "so honest" just cuz they got their money back.

Rob M.

Vintage Army Football Collection
http://www.wix.com/armyautin/vintage-army-football