View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Default the price of leaving a negative feedback on ebay

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Hi Everyone, how about being responsible for your actions?

Buying - First of all, you made a bid on an item, hoping to win the auction. You know when the auction ends, so be prepared. It doesn't matter if you won a $3 dollar card or a $3000 card, you made the bid, so pay for the damn thing right away. You should be able to use PayPal within minutes, and you should be able to manage to write a check and address an envelope within minutes. YOU made the bid, YOU know when the aution ended, so it is YOUR responsibility to pay for it. At the very least, if paymentis going to be delayed then email the seller immediately. A simple "I am on the road and I will pay for the item this weekend" will go a long way to solving problems. There is simply NO reason to delay payment for 11 days.

Selling - Again, responsibility. YOU listed the auctions, YOU know when they end, YOU know when you receive payment. Don't list an auction that will end while you are on vacation. Chances are you will be watching the auctions when they close. If someone PayPals you (I know that PayPals isn't a verb), immediately after the auction, you should be able to ship withing 24 hours. There is simply NO reason to wait two weeks to mail an item after you received payment. Again, if you cannot ship immediately, an email saying "I'm sorry, but I will be working overtime all week and can't ship until this weekend", will help ease the buyers mind.

Courtesy and responsibility. My God, I sound like my mom!.

As far as a seller not posting positive feedback immediately after payment, there are reasons for this. I post positive feedback, then you tell me that the card is trimmed. I receive the returned card and issue a refund, but the trimmed card that you returned isn't the card that I sold you. I want to make sure that the buyer has received the card, that the buyer is satisfied, and that the buyer isn't going to try to scam me. That is why I delay positive feeback for a while.

Thanks, Rick