View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 11:16 AM
je.sse @rnot

I'm not so sure the retractions are having as big of an impact as you think. A lot of ebay bidders, myself included, will place an early bid or two, but save the real bid for a last minute snipe. If a bid or two had been made and retracted along the way I might not even notice. If someone shill bids up to my max with 5 days left and then retracts, what have they really gained? It was probably far from what my snipe will be in the end.

I do agree that retractions shouldn't be used as a tool to determine another bidder's max. I would support banning those from auctions with more than a couple of retractions, or banning retractions all together. I believe most, if not all other auctions have language in their terms and conditions that say all bids are final and no retractions are allowed. Perhaps changing the ebay policy would be a solution.

Last edited by pokerplyr80; 06-26-2016 at 12:16 PM.