View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
very nice site! i started focusing on louisianan issues a bunch of yrs ago...and I have quite a few. I love them! You may also want to mention that t216's have been found with blank backs...Goodwin sold a whole lode of them a few years ago.
I'm going to look into the blank back T216's. Thanks for the heads up.

Also, I'm looking for some more info on Coupon Cigarettes. I'm pretty sure they were manufactured by the American Tobacco Company but I have some questions.

ATC broke apart in 1911 forming several different companies with 4 major players: Ligget & Myers Tobacco Co., P. Lorillard Co., R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., and a much reduced American Tobacco Co.

If T213's were distributed between 1910-1919, who would have had control of Coupon Cigarettes after the 1911 break-up? I'm pretty sure that the W.R. Irby branch of Ligget & Myers was the only one located in New Orleans so would they have been the ones producing Coupon Cigarettes?

I've tried searching the web for more info on Coupon but I just keep getting hits about cigarette coupons. I was just hoping someone here might have a definitive answer.

Last edited by ZachS; 05-29-2014 at 09:35 AM.