Thread: serial checks
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Default serial checks

Posted By: PC

I ran two searches in the new program for high grade PSA cards being offered currently on eBay by a particular high volume seller, who always seems to have great material. The search results are very interesting, to say the least:

Here are the two cert nos. I searched:

I also searched randomly on eBay for PSA 7 T206s currently being auctioned, and ran the program on several cert nos. on cards currently being offered by another well known seller. The results were not as bad as the two above, but there were still one or two trims in the vicinity of two of the three card that I searched.

This is a great program. The results are truly damning. If I were sitting on a lot of PSA graded high value vintage, I'd be running searches on every single one.

Of course, when I get home from work I will run searches on my low grade PSA-graded stuff, and I have no doubt that some will turn up with trims in the vicinity. That will be disheartening, but then I didn't pay $2000+ for PSA 8 T206s (*phew*).

Edited to add a sincere "thanks" to Mike for creating the program -- very impressive work in such a short time period ***