View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 08:29 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisFlood View Post
That parking venue is a cash cow for the owner. They just keep raising prices, I'll not miss them when I retire. They charge for every event I have attended, which includes the March and November Fanatics Shows and an occasional summer show.
From my earlier post about parking in Chicago. I would suspect that all of the hotels charge more than this lot. If you are not comfortable parking there overnight you could move it, however for a full day at the show it is much cheaper. Well worth the walk though from what I saw some collectors could not make it. It would be a very good deal even for dealers.

You do not need to park at the Stephens Center or at the parking garage across the street. The Rosemont subway station is about 1/3 mile north of the convention center on the same street. It is just north of Rte 190. Parking there was $7.00 all day (up to 14 hours). If you are in reasonable shape it is a less than 10 minute walk. The trick to parking there is to make absolutely sure of your space number. I remember pre-paying at a kiosk and you entered your space number. A local told me to pay with a credit card so you would get a receipt to prove payment. They check the spaces during the day and tow for non-paying parkers. From the CTA website:

Rosemont
5801 N. River Rd. •$7.00 for 0 to 14 hours
•$9.00 for 14 to 18 hours
•$13.00 for 18 to 24 hours
•Each additional 24 hours (or fraction thereof) $13.00
•Lost ticket: $39.00
Capacity 750

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 08-07-2018 at 08:31 PM.