View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Default Do You Read Payment Instructions?

Posted By: Josh K.

Ive had that problem as well - I almost always state in my auctions that I do not accept credit cards and that payment through paypal must be by bank transfer. Like Brad, I have had one auction cancelled as a result of this alleged policy violation. Like Lee, I find a lot of people do not read the description (which is where I state no credit cards) very carefully. I always email the person first to let them know that I will be denying payment and requesting that they submit a new payment or send a check. I also explain that I dont do this for a living and that the fees are too high for an account that permits me to receive credit card payments. Ive never had any problems and have generally found the buyers to be more than willing to make an alternative payment after they receive the explanation.

On a side note, I also have two accounts to my name and ended up upgrading one of them to a commercial account a few months ago when I was selling a long of cards - the $500 receiving limit was just too low to allow me to offer paypal on my auctions any other way.