View Single Post
Old 06-27-2023, 09:59 AM
Dave

Tim,

You'll probably get more responses in the "Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)", rather then the BST forum.

I've dabbled a little bit. Not in the baseball though. Picked up a few young basketball players first Topps cards that will probably end up flaming out on me.

Couldn't resist picking up a bunch of the recent draft pick card of Victor Wembanyama, even though the print run on that is probably going to be higher then any other Topps Now release ever, but still probably lower then a traditional base set (if Topps still had the rights to do that).

Amazingly, I couldn't bring myself to pay 4 grand for his autographed card release from Topps.

I did pick up a good portion of the Muhammad Ali "People's Champ" collection, that was released on a weekly basis back in 2021. Not technically a Topps Now issue, but a similar concept from them.

Picked up packs of 5 cards at a time, and was lucky enough to score quite a few parallels over the year, since they weren't huge print runs. Even got sent a Gold 1/1 on one of the releases.